As a nonprofit public interest law firm, The Center receives no government grants, yet pursuing the impactful cases we do requires time, commitment and funding. We rely on individual contributions that make our attorneys’ work possible.
We need your help today to take advantage of an extraordinary opportunity: two generous donors are offering to match, dollar-for-dollar, donations up to a total of $50,000. We have set an ambitious year-end fundraising goal of $225,000 so we can continue our critical work in 2020. We can’t let this slip by.
For decades, our attorneys have litigated cases with enduring and widespread impacts in Arizona. Our recent work includes:
- Helping abused or neglected children. The Center brought a class action lawsuit on behalf of over 16,000 children trapped in foster care who are not receiving adequate physical, mental, and dental healthcare.
- Securing critical public school funding. A strong public school system is the foundation for a vibrant democracy. The Center fights every day to force the State to adequately fund our public school system.
- Assisting children with autism. Because of our efforts, a major health insurer will now cover important services for children with autism.
- Fighting for the environment. The Center has successfully brought many cases to protect Arizona’s environment. We are a strong voice for clean energy and lower utility rates before the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Protecting democracy. The Center is a vigilant defender of our democratic system of government, including ensuring the integrity of the election process.
The best way to support a sustainable, equitable and prosperous future for Arizona is to donate. Every little bit helps, and your donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Happy New Year!